For printable PDF, click here.
We are excited that you are interested in becoming a Christian!
Becoming as Christian requires responding to the Good News of the Gospel. On the following pages, you will find an overview of what the Gospel is and finally how we are all called to respond to that Gospel. Please take your time to read through the following pages. If you ever have any questions, please do not hesitate to contact our pastors. You can email them by clicking here.
- Understand Who God Is [you are here]
- Understand Who Man Is
- Understand What Christ Has Done
- Understand How to Respond to the Good News
Understand Who God Is
God is the beginning of all things (Gen. 1:1)
- God is the Creator, Sustainer, and Ruler of all things.
- All creation reflects His majestic power and glory (Ps. 19:1)
- As Creator, God alone is worthy of the praise and worship of His creation (Rev. 4:11)
God, our Creator, is a God of holiness and love (Rev. 4:8)
- God’s holiness reveals that He is completely unique and separate from His creation.
- God is majestic, glorious, and perfect in every way (Ps. 8:1)
- The slightest sin or imperfection cannot dwell in His Holy presence (Hab. 1:13)
- God is righteous and just in His judgments (Ps. 7:11-12; 11:7; Isa. 5:16)
- God’s love is just as great as His holiness and might.
- God’s love is demonstrated by His care for His creation
- It is also demonstrated by His gracious disposition and compassion toward us (Titus 3:4)
- In His great love, God created human beings to reflect His power and glory—we are the pinnacle of His creation (Ps. 8:4-6)
- We have been created in the image of God Himself (Gen. 1:27)
- Because God is our loving Creator and Ruler, we are responsible to love, worship, and obey Him alone.
- Since He created us, He has the right to lay His claim on our lives (Matt. 4:10; 22:37-38)
- So, why do we not reflect God’s glory and obey Him as we should?