For printable PDF, click here.
- Understand Who God is
- Understand Who Man Is
- Understand What Christ Has Done [you are here]
- Understand How to Respond to the Good News
Understand What Christ Has Done
God, because of His great love for His creation, sent His Son Jesus into the world so that sinners may be reconciled to God (John 3:16; 1 John 4:8-10)
- Peace with God was made possible by everything Jesus did on behalf of sinners. This includes His Life, Death, and Resurrection.
- His Life
- Jesus did for sinners what they could not do for themselves. He succeeded where we failed (Rom. 5:1)
- Jesus is God (John 1:1)
- Jesus became a man (John 1:14)
- Jesus lived a perfect, sinless life (Heb. 4:15; 1 Pet. 2:22)
- His Death
- God has provided atonement between Himself and sinners through the substitutionary death of Jesus on the cross (Rom. 3:23-26; Col. 1:19-20; 2:13-15)
- Jesus died as the substitute for sinners; He died in our place (Rom. 5:8; 1 Pet. 3:18)
- At the cross, an amazing exchange took place: our sins were credited to Jesus; His righteousness is credited to those who follow Him (2 Cor. 5:21)
- His Resurrection
- Jesus’ death is not the end of the story.
- Three days later, He arose victorious from the grave!
- Death has been defeated! (1 Cor. 15:54-57; 2 Tim. 1:10)
- Jesus’ resurrection is proof that God has approved His ministry (Acts 17:31)
- Jesus’ resurrection brings us justification before God (Rom. 4:25)
- Jesus’ resurrection is the promise of resurrection for His people (Rom. 5:5; 1 Cor. 15:20-23)
- Jesus alone is Savior and Lord! (John 11:25-26; John 14:6)
- The blessings of Jesus’ life, death, and resurrection apply only to those who will follow Him as Savior and Lord.
- By His life, Jesus attained righteousness on sinners’ behalf.
- By His death, Jesus paid the penalty that sinners owed.
- By His resurrection, Jesus defeated death for all who will follow Him.
- This response to follow Jesus is called conversion.